Mid to Senior Restoration/Civil Engineer Los Angeles or Ventura, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks highly motivated mid to senior level engineer to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on habitat restoration planning, design, and implementation, as well as general water resources management projects, throughout California, the Pacific Northwest, and Rockies.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing topographic and bathymetric survey
- Integrating mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Hydraulic and sediment transport modeling (1-D and 2-D)
- Overseeing design tasks in AutoCAD Civil3D, including grading, creating and working with surfaces, and design drawing production
- Development of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Construction management for restoration and infrastructure projects
- Technical writing
Qualified applicants should possess:
- BS or MS in engineering
- PE in CA
- 6 to 15 years of relevant professional experience including technical skills and project/staff management
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
- Passion for rivers and furthering river science and the practice of river restoration
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing
Ideal candidates will possess west coast experience in/with:
- Restoration planning, design, and implementation in riverine, wetland and estuarine environments
- Threatened and Endangered (T&E) species recovery, integrated multi-benefit restoration, stormwater engineering, trails and park design, fish passage, and/or dam removal
- AutoCAD Civil3D including surfaces, grading, and plan layout
- Excel spreadsheet models, and writing code, including using R
- Modeling stream channel hydraulics
- Construction management and oversight
Availability, Compensation, and Application Details:
- Full-time position with benefits.
- Out-of-town work required.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, and full health and dental care.
- Please provide a cover letter with a resume, writing sample, and salary requirements in MS Word or PDF format.
- Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
- Position will remain open until filled.
- Due to the collaborative nature of our work and given that our company is a Federal contractor, Stillwater Sciences employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or apply for an accommodation for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief), and we strongly encourage employees receive a booster.
About Stillwater Sciences:
Stillwater Sciences (www.stillwatersci.com) is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm specializing in scientifically-based solutions to aquatic, terrestrial, and watershed resource management. We assist government agencies, NGOs, and private clients with environmental problem solving, planning, and permitting using a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates physical and biological processes. We have approximately 95 full-time dedicated and enthusiastic employees located within the Western US in nine offices. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes productive and rigorous applied scientific research. As employee-owners, we pride ourselves on defining and shaping our individual careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Stillwater requires a blend of passion, initiative, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Stillwater Sciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.